Friday, August 21, 2015

Inspired by Hollis Chatelaine

Who could not want to emulate one the century's best quilt artists...Hollis Chatealine? That combined with an improv challenge at a local quilt show ,inspired me to see what I could create. I took a piece of white fabric spritzed it with water and dabbed acrylic inks on it. I saw a face, proceeded to quilt it and then used a variety of paint, colored pencils and ink to create a piece. Borders were made from some hand dyed I made a few years ago.
Added some sheers
Played with some borders
Magic markers and squiggles of paint
More dye stick paints and heavy quilting
Tada........

1 comment:

K2 Subculture said...

This is remarkable and the pictures that you have added are so nice. The painting have such a soothing effect, and in my opinion you should often try such things.